This year, Ramadan is expected to begin on 22nd March and will last for 30 days.
It’s the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, and it’s observed by people of Muslim faith. Ramadan involves fasting, known as Sawm, from sunrise to sunset.
If any of your employees celebrate Ramadan, you may need to make reasonable adjustments to help support them.
Here are 5 ways you can support employees observing Ramadan…
1. Be flexible with working hours
2. Educate your managers and other employees on what Ramadan is
3. Approve annual leave requests where possible
4. Conduct a risk assessment to ensure safety
5. Ask your Muslim employees how you can help